Thursday, June 26

I still don't know where I stand on the issue, but I do know a few things. First, this is an interesting link and based on my only connection to the recording industry (Nick) it rings true. Two, I don't download music because I don't care enough to go through the hassle. It's not easy. Maybe if I knew more or cared more it would be, but my personal experience with the sharing platforms has not been pleasant enough for me to compile a big collection. Three, no matter what, I hope Nick and the folks like him find a way to keep on keepin' on. I have no doubt they will. The industry may lose some, but it's safe and won't be going anywhere. While the guy who wrote the article gives them no credit, I know Nick (et al) works his tail off and deserves any freebie he wants.

Oh, and fourth, the price of Coke at the movies is not abnormally high because of the salaries of stars. It's all about the price elasticity of demand, one of my favorite nuggets of knowledge. They may benefit from the high prices, but they do not cause them.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats