Thursday, July 10

Bruins d-man Don Sweeney signed with the Stars instead of accepting a position as assistant coach in Boston. Good for him (and I really mean that). But check out the comments from the TSN article about it.

You'd think the guy was Scott Fucking Stevens or something! Look, I like Don becuase he played for the Bruins for a long time, was smart and worked hard, and because people thought he was too small to play defense and he proved them wrong.

But here's the thing about Don Sweeney - he fucking sucks at hockey now. He's absolutely terrible. I mean it. It's like those idiots posting at TSN have never seen the guy play or something. It's not about the Bruins being cheap this time - Donny's time has expired. Quotes like "Great to hear. You can't replace a Hatcher, but Sweeney's solid. I've been a fan of his for years... "are completely off base. Sweeney was a defensive defenseman in his prime, but now he's just a liability.

I'll stop now.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats