Monday, July 7

Companies that respond to "societal needs" will face problems if they don't still respond to "societal wants". Kraft may be taking a good step, if only to stem off idiotic litigation, but I'd wager cheese to cheese-steaks that their bottom line will be adversely affected by this. I may not make up a large majority of the consuming public (though I'm close), but when I see too much nutritional information on a packet, I move to the next item on the shelf. Words like "lean", "light" and "low-fat" are taboo in my cabinets. When purchased accidentally, these products are carefully segregated to avoid contaminating my fatty favorites (see burger recipe).

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not knocking Kraft for offering alternatives. I just make no sense of any arguments that place any weight on food producers being to blame for my waistline… and this seems to be responding to those arguments, rather than something else.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats