Tuesday, July 1

I'm sure it won't be the last NHL post today, but here is a quick late-night hockey round-up.

Stock is back in Boston. I'm psyched just for the journal. I'd imagine Neil is psyched. I'd even wager Stock is excited. Everyone is a winner (except Boston).

I first saw this one and my heart stopped beating. Leetch traded? Sweet shit, I need a new hockey team. But, it turns out this was a good move and it means nothing about #2's future with the Blueshirts. In fact, it's still widely believed that Leetch will be back on Broadway in the years to come. And Sather also netted the team someone many people are talking about as a quality back-up to Dunham. With goaltender Jussi Markkanen on board, the Rangers are free to let Blackburn get some serious time (50 games) in Hartford. I wouldn't complain about that.

The Rangers also re-upped with Dan LaCouture and Ronald Petrovicky. No all-stars here and that is exactly why I'm glad they got these guys back, especially LaCouture who, from what I saw, is solid in the corners and can kill a penalty with the best (or something) of them. Also coming back (tendered qualifying offers anyway) are Anson Carter, Tom Poti, and Kovalev.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats