Tuesday, July 15

You’ll have to ignore me while I stubbornly continue to track the rebirth of my New York Mets. Yesterday, the Mets traded the rejuvenated Jeremy Burnitz to the Dodgers for three minor leaguers and some cash. The players they got back aren’t top-flight prospects, but they don’t look like scrubs either.

Infielder Victor Diaz was last summer's rookie-level Gulf Coast League batting champion. This year he’s continued the charge at the AA ball level. Selected to the All-Star Team, he went out and put up an MVP performance.

Joselo Diaz and Kole Strayhorn are both right-handed pitchers, acting as relievers in the Dodgers system. I can’t find much on Joselo, just a few stat lines that show quality, though erratic performances. Strayhorn appears to be more highly touted. I guess a 98 mph fastball will do that for you. He’s been closing games at the AA level this year and seems to have grown comfortable with the role.

All-in-all getting these guys for Burnie seems like a good move. Burnitz is a free agent at year’s end so really it’s these guys for three months of JB.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats