Thursday, May 19

The Rest Assured Toilet Seat Covers in our work bathrooms are from another country. If you click the link, you'll see a picture of the exact model located in our crappers here at the office. One difference though. Between the "Assured" and the "Safety - Clean - Safety" at the bottom of their logo it notes that the covers are "Imported".

This got me thinking.

I wonder if the manufacturing locale is a big selling point for RMC. Their website seems to focus on the fact that their covers are biodegradable, flushable, half-fold, and will fit in most dispensers. In fact, the site doesn't even mention that they are "Imported". Maybe the ones distributed to East Coast metro areas are the only ones labeled as "Imported"? Maybe those in the Midwest or Upstate are labelled "Made in the U.S.A." Maybe RMC is just appealing to the average New York City resident's worldy character and if you find their Rest Assured Toilet Seat Covers in a stall in the sticks you'd note that their marketing has changed.

Did they do research on this? Does anyone else even notice? Do the ones in Chinatown or Little Italy get more specific with the "Imported" label? God, I have so many questions now.

UPDATE:

So I called them up.

It turns out that their toilet-seat covers are indeed stamped as a means to differentiate between products lines. The ones in our stalls are apparently manufactured in China (IMPORTED). And it turns out that they do offer alternate toilet seat covers produced in the good old U.S. of A. Pamela, the kind lady from RMC, told me that those produced stateside are made from recycled material. I told her that I was reassured to know that my bare ass was sitting on someone else's old newspaper, but she didn't think it was funny. She didn't think that the production area was a strong selling point one way or the other, depending on the where the product was being used. I told her about my Urban/Rural - Imported/Made in the U.S.A theory, but she wasn't buying. She actually said, "I don't think people think too much about these things." I let her know that she was selling her company's product short. "People think a lot about toilet seat covers," I told her. To which she replied, "Apparently some do."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats