Friday, July 29

My supervisor is one of the other English speakers in my department. Even though she's been speaking it for 45+ years, she's conspicuously retarded in her command of the English language. The other day she spent 20 minutes explaining how to perform a quarry in our tracking system. She started off by explaining what a quarry was. "A quarry," she starts off, "is what you do when you need to look up background information on the shipper..." Never once did she mention rocks or digging. Hey lady, I'm pretty sure I know what a fucking quarry is, and I think the word you're looking for is "query." In fact, the button you click to start strip mining for information or whatever you're confused about is clearly marked Q-U-E-R-Y. It starts off the same way as the word "question" for a reason. Good God. It's demoralizing to hear this retard describe me as "her temp" when she's on the phone.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats