Thursday, July 28

Well, I've been working at the Taiwanese shipping company for almost two weeks now, and I have to admit it's nice to have a routine again. I wake up every day at 6:45, and I don't just mean that my alarm goes off at 6:45. I actually wake up, ready to go. It's weird. The work itself leaves something to be desired, though.

When they told me about the job, my staffer said that it was "mostly administrative, but they need someone who can think on their feet." I can count the number of times I've had to "think on my feet" on one hand, as long as you consider starting and ending with "zero" to be some form of counting. Whenever I need to think about what to do next, I just try to remember exactly what I was doing 30 seconds ago, and then I do that. I repeat this process every 30 seconds for nine hours, with a one hour break for lunch at exactly 12:30.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats