Thursday, September 29

At a little after 8pm last night Griff called and said he needed a tenth for his ESPN Fantasy Hockey league. The league I was trying to put together was short five owners and we have a week before games begin, so I decided to screw that and I said yes. I had no time to prepare for the draft, but at 9:00 I logged onto the site and was instantly reminded why I hate ESPN's fantasy crap. I couldn't get into the draft room. I changed browsers and computers and still had trouble. Finally, at about round four, I logged in. Auto-draft had already selected Hasek, Giguere, Kovalchuk, and Lidstom. As my turn to pick came up, the power in my apartment went out. I lost a few more rounds to auto-pick.

Anyway, here is how the club came out.

Domanick Hasek
J.S. Giguere
Rick DiPietro

Ilya Kovalchuk
Jaromir Jagr
V. Lecavalier
Alexei Kovalev
Jason Blake
Scott Gomez
Mike Peca
Mike Fisher
Donald Brashear
Matthew Lombardi

Nicklas Lidstrom
Nick Boynton
Joni Pitkanen
Andrei Markov
Janne Niinimaa
Tomas Kaberle
Andy Sutton
Robyn Regehr

Lombardi is already on waivers for Ray Emery.
Peca is waiting to be dropped in favor of Joffrey Lupul.
And Markov will be hitting the road to be replaced by Jordan Leopold.

Any other recommendations? Any sleepers out there? Is Boynton playing this year? What about Kovalchuk? Is Fisher any good? I remember liking his play, but is he on a top line or stuck behind the other guys in Ottawa? And what about Sutton? His offensive totals are fringe to be sure, but the Thrashers should be better and he's a top pair guy.

Give me your thoughts... In email if you're worried about sharing secrets.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats