Thursday, October 6

Hockey is back motherfuckers! Woo-hoo! How much fun was that?

I've got the Center Ice thing kicking and when opening night sees every team in action that means channels 771-780 are working overtime. There were too many games to choose from. Of course, I watch the Rangers mostly. That game brought about my favorite line of the day so far when the folks at HockeyBird wrote, "I'm pretty sure you can't play the puck while on the bench in any league. If you do....you must score two goals and assist on another, it's the law." Jagr sucked and then he was awesome. That's good stuff for my fantasy squad (3pts, 4 PIMS) and great stuff for the Rangers. No matter how bad they do this year, they'll always have the opening night come-from-behind win over the Flyers. The Flyers give it up from behind.

I also checked in on Pittsburgh vs. NJ. Sidney is good. Brodeur is better.

And I watched the tail end of the B's heartbreak against Montreal. The B's seemed lifeless when I was watching.

I saw most of the third period in Toronto. This was easily the game with the tightest whistles. They weren't calling half the junk that other games were seeing as penalties. That meant more hitting... which was nice, though some of it was clearly illegal. I'm glad to see Sundin's eye isn't hurt too bad. And Lindros netted a goal in his first game at home. He threw a monster hit in the third as well and got a crosscheck in the back from Chris Neil for his troubles. Of course, this game went to a shootout where Ed Belfour managed to save the one that hit him in the pad and the Leafs got zero (0) shots on goal in two attempts. Disappointing for Buds fans, I'm sure.

Woo-hoo, hockey motherfucker.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats