Thursday, October 20

So, I went to the game last night. It was awesome despite the end result. I honestly don't remember The Garden being like that over the last few years, even at some of the better games I went to. The place was crazy. And the game itself is better, faster, more creative.

At one point, the guys sitting behind us started chanting things about the People's Court. "Wapner Sucks," "Let's Go Hallway Guy!" and the like. Needless to say, it was just confusing at the time. I couldn't figure it out and passed it off as drunk chants.

During the second intermission, the guy sitting almost directly in front of me stands up and turns around to the group behind. He has a familiar face to be sure, but I can't place it. And then he says, "Who's bad-mouthing The People's Court back there?" It turns out he's one of the hallway reporters for the newer version of The People's Court (the one on the right). How the guys behind me knew who he was is beyond me, but a funny exchange takes place where they all agree that the Rangers rule and Wapner sucks. And for every "Potivn Sucks" whistle from there on out, "Wapner sucks" replaced the standard cheer in our little section. I'm certain this confused the crap out of anyone not within four rows of Hallway Guy, but really, I hope it catches on.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats