Friday, September 15

I've always wanted to go to Brazil.

Now maybe not so much. That's MACRODONTIA CERVICORNIS. My Latin is a little rusty, but I think that means "big teeth" and "vagina horn(?)". And yeah, the scale is in centimeters, but that's still half a foot long.

The largest insect in the world is TITANUS GIGANTEUS, which of course means "big" and "seriously big".
It can bite through pencils with its mandibles and also lives in Brazil. These guys can weigh a quarter of a pound.

The most horrifying part is that both of these beetles can fly. I have no idea why I looked this up today. Pretty much guaranteed to have at least one nightmare where one of these things lands on the back of my neck.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?


View My Stats